Friday, March 13

same breath

time is quickly passing and persisting through 
the timeless thoughts that my brain produces
but it seems 
my fingers are too tired to type them 
I don't know what I want to convey here 
the words I have are but memories that 
can't properly take shape
they are wondering if ever I have them written 
behind the back of my hand 
so when I'm lost, I could return 
cause you know 
I love returning 

suddenly the night had found its voice 
the hot air is compressed in my lungs 
and it is burning in my lower back, too 
what have I been doing? 
I am not down to sleep at 3am again 
but here I am 
and I only want to be who I am 
what am I saying? 
maybe I should just close my eyes 
and feel the safety of falling 

everything, all this, so much 
under the same breath 
I left the nightlight on 
I hope I find what I am looking for