Wednesday, June 15

lunch lady

there are questions 
seeking for disclosure
I'd like you to answer
but I don't know exactly if I could spur
it might even be a bore to you 
but here it goes
I often see you in the corner of my eye 
sitting by the olive tree enjoying your black coffee
you open your mouth to read the newspaper but you're
far so I couldn't really hear you even if I deeply
wanted to
you put it away in a matter of minutes
so I wonder have you ever called it quits? 
later you eat
essentially you look around when you take a bite
of your chicken strips with broccoli that I imagined 
smelled of butter
some people wouldn't bother 
but I wonder have you ever flew a kite? 
you need water
so you signal by breathing multiple times quite heavily
then I presume that you get a flash 
of clairvoyance that you might be late to work and that 
you have to go or you go further than that future
and you write it all down in your brown jacketed 
journal forgetting that you had to leave
but I wonder have you ever felt bereaved? 
grapes
you love grapes
you snack on mixed grapes
you put them on a round silver container 
and pick one at a time 
during this time your eyes give a glow 
I think you really do love grapes 
so I wonder what happened in your greatest escape?