Wednesday, October 23

Thought Life

I sit and I stare
my ears open only for the distant sounds of 
strings that move within the confines of 
a jar 
a jar that we adore
with all its stories, songs, and art 
that unknowingly cleansed every affected bone that hid 
deep into flashes of comparison

to some, it seemed dull, unconventional
no matter, it was sure and rooted on the Source
of all beauty and goodness - the wonder that lands on the eyes; 
the reward for the heart that stood its ground 
not many understand it 
the apparent decision of most people 
may deny you the opportunity to stay still;
to fill up on what is true and noble and pure 
but I beg of you
stay 
remain
abide 

fear has taught many lessons 
but courage could teach more 
even when it meant going against the grain 
sailing a river never crossed 

on a warm Tuesday when I went to quench my longing
for a bit of reflection, there you were 
the hand that held my arm 
a bright memory
a familiar memory 
I shake my head and I walk away 
I don't dare to listen to the voice that led me astray 
you left such a taste that gives me chills 

twenty-six blinks it took me
to refocus and recall that 
I must begin again at nineteen