Saturday, September 30

I don't know what is it about you that I feel akin to

I was drinking my morning cup of tea
fat clouds coming off of it 
and I could taste your words on my tongue 
I queue in the breakfast special 
concealing my sentiments 
all that surround me lively as larks
engaged in conversations with splendid volumes
they mean little compared to you
who's one 
an intrepid mystery

I realize that distance and uncertainty 
sever us widely 
some days my hands are folded 
some days I laugh that I find myself 
back by the hearth 
I chatter to myself like a wren
you should hear me
my feet well warmed 
sitting up late at nights with 
just the thought stuck in the air
you're like the summer moon, unclouded 
entering at passage windows 
leaving clues by forming forms 

you never go unnoticed