Tuesday, February 16

In Harmony with Myself


Hello Friends.

Right now, I want to release some thoughts about beauty. After a flourishing epiphany about myself, I hope you enjoy my musings.

Beauty is everywhere. Although, growing up I didn’t really put emphasis on “girlying” myself. I was surrounded by guys in my family & my personality is nearly the same as theirs. I only really cared about how I look in like 7th grade to be completely honest. My mom was always the one who fix my clothes for me when I was a young girl. But the thing is that I didn’t base my worth on how I look but I hung out with people who did and these certain people led my insecurities to grow. I held my value over being insightful rather than setting my standards on being a popular act in school because that’s just how I rolled and how I was taught. In terms of my insecurities it smashed my principles to dust & I forgot what beauty really was. I wasn’t really bullied but I was emotionally dry in a sense that I actually thought about prioritizing being beautiful over things that make one “beautiful”. So in a nutshell, I was squished in between two views. I always just kind of felt like I was an ugly person and I just had troubles with my appearance constantly. Overall, I didn’t know what or where or how I’m supposed to act because my mind was just utterly disheveled. I brooded over my girlfriends which also kind of had the same situation that I was stuck in. But nevertheless I still hung out with them even if I didn’t always feel “at home”. On that note, my self-doubt grew. I would lie if I say I didn’t want to be admired or prominent. I mean that’s a good goal but I wanted to be looked at because of how I looked not because of my noteworthy behavior that I can possibly exhibit. It was a dense mindset that instigated lots of objections but I took it anyways.

I was generally very unhappy in that state.

 I began to read articles about life and particular people who venture paths that they genuinely enjoy. My faculties were delighted to a level that it made me think about what I would want to accomplish in life. Likewise, I took leaps from taking out handful of negative thoughts that I used to indulge in distinctively those that trigger my insecurities a whole lot. And that moment, I just instantly felt more of myself because I didn’t have to wrestle with all of these layers that hid my true self in a place so far off and deep. It was strange but it was like the first I felt beauty in a raw and crude way. And it was a very good feeling.

My insecurities still come crashing down on me but I know how to handle it properly now. Before I used to feel terrible and cover it up with random makeshift thoughts but only for the time being so it always ends up really badly & I just try to shove it out. But now, I learn to embrace it. One of my goals is to get in touch with my insecurities which may sound odd but the thing is that I must understand it in order for me to respond in the right way so when it comes I wouldn’t feel as scared.

I’m not a rare case. I now a lot of people who went or are going through the same thing as I did. And if there is something I could impart is that never let anything hinder you from believing that you are beautiful.

Appearance is the least of beauty. Pursue other things. Things that’ll encourage you to become a strong individual. Do not base yourself on girls in magazines or on what people think is beautiful. Beauty is to be discovered. Go find it.