Sunday, October 18

mountaintop (3)

Romans 12:1-2 The Message says: 
"So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you"

For a while I've felt distant from God. With all the things going around in my life plus the constant pressure peaking in me because of my studies, I can't help but waver. There were so many days when I completely forget to talk to Him and that my image of a good day suddenly just went grainy. 

On Mondays I attend bible study fellowship with my family wherein we seek God and His Word. This season we learn from Revelation, the last book of the Bible.  The first few chapters are about the Seven churches and how Jesus spoke to the individual angels of the said churches. He spoke about their deeds and how they are as a church. Looking at the scripture, my eyes became clear to how He commends  them but also gives multiple opportunities for them to repent. I realised that God is like an open door. He let's us experience what it's like to be "outside" in order for us to become aware of the fact that life is much better with Him. 

My relationship with God isn't perfect obviously. I am being sanctified every day. There are days when it really feels like I'm on top of the mountain and it's easy to praise and trust Him. But there are also times when it's actually a sacrifice to praise. Though, sometimes I fail to look at the bigger scale of His Will and why He allows bad circumstances to happen, I try to remind myself that my heart's song choice must always be to praise Him. 

It's difficult to be a responsible citizen of His kingdom and to live by the "rules". But God doesn't want us to get in trouble; He wants us to experience a life of fullness. We find blessings more appreciated if we know our limits and if we know that in those boundaries come blessings.  God's been speaking to me to go back to Him. And it amazes me that every time I walk away, He's just waiting for me to come back. He assures me that there is nothing in it for me in my old life that is rotten through and through and that I should always live on what is true. 





My life (in a list)

- experienced an hour without electricity
- watching a lot of videos about humanitarians
(also thinking about blogging about them!)
- listening to ready by kodaline
- posted something on https://medium.com/unknown-mountain-journey
- walking quite often
- finishing a portfolio
- reading harry potter and the order of the phoenix
- washing my face with cetaphil cleansing soap (tmi lol)
- danced for a flashmob on a concert